Sunday 18 September 2011

More Yoyogi Park Festivals

Hello!  It's a national holiday in Japan today (Respect for the Aged Day) and I am spending the day resting and recovering from a busy weekend and getting things in order for the week.  It's so nice to have a day to clean, do yoga, make onigiri for the week, and catch up on some posts which I've been wanting to share with you.

The last few weekends I've had the chance to pop over to Yoyogi Park and check out the festivals taking place in the event area.  On September 10th and 11th, the Sri Lanka festival was on, and on the 17th and 18th, Vietnam took over the main event area, with Nepal rocking the pedestrian road that leads up to Yoyogi Park from Shibuya.  Looking back at my own Yoyogi Park event listing post, I found that I had listed none of these events!  Not sure if this was a result of the events not being listed when I compiled the info for that post, or perhaps a result of my less than amazing Japanese reading ability.  Anyway, I thought it was about time to update my list.

Yoyogi Park event schedule for September and October 2011


September 24th (Sat) - 25th (Sun): Namaste India

September 25th (Sun): Tokyo Earth Day Market (along the pedestrian walkway leading to the park)

September 30th (Fri)- October 2nd (Sun): Hokkaido Fair

October 8th (Sat)-10th (Mon): Come, See, Eat, Be Moved! Kyushu Sightseeing Fair

October 15th (Sat)- 16th (Sun): Veggie Food Festa

How much do you love this tea vendor's sign?  Spotted at the Sri Lanka festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...